Saturday, October 14, 2006

Allan Kush said...
When Parry called me and asked if I had heard that Tyree had passed away, I didn't want to beleive it. I sat there, dumb-founded and in shock. I didn't have any words to express my shock and sadness. I hoped against hope that the report was not true. The report was confirmed shortly there-after. My long time co-worker and friend was gone. The totality of it has yet to register. The more I think about it, the tougher it is to maintain composure. Crying is a good thing though.

It shows we care. Rob cared. He cared about his co-workers, his friends and most of all his family. When I was asked to become WiredSafety's Deputy Director, Rob did not hesitate to take over my position in Net Patrol. He did it better than I ever did. He cared about the countless, faceless names of victims who have come to us over the years. He poured himself out to people he had never met, and likely never would. He tried to make a difference and he did.

His Team, His Division and those he left behind in WiredSafety will always remember him. His patient instruction. His kind words. Always looking to make something better. He passed that on to everyone who was around him. It made them want to do better in return.

Rob, I shall miss you. God Bless.

Allan Kush (JollyGreen)
Deputy Executive Director
WiredSafety.org

12:26 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Parry Aftab said...

Al, I know how close you both were. I am sorry for your personal loss.

You and Tyree remind me of one another. Strong, but not over-powering, kind without being enabling, and caring beyond belief.

Together we will try and keep Tyree's vision as a North Star and his spirit alive within WiredSafety.

with love,
Parry

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home